Associate Support Engineer
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As an Associate Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing strong technical support for our PPM customers. You will be a part of a talented team of Support Engineers focused on researching, analyzing, and resolving complex functionality and usability related issues. The Technical Support team is responsible for providing superior technical support services for CA customers’ by deeply understanding our customers and their needs, and taking ownership of customer issues from conception to resolution.
Please take a look at the below video to meet our Support Engineers!
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
Taking ownership of technical customer requests and provide support for a product or solution using telephone, email, communities or chat.
- Applying technical knowledge and open-ended problem solving methodologies to assess increasingly complex problems, analyzing root causes, and advising customers on solutions.
- Understanding and accurately documenting product questions that require in-depth analysis ; determining and pursuing the appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution.
- Identifying complex or high impact issues and coordinating with senior staff where necessary for resolution. Escalating unresolved customer issues to the appropriate subject matter expert or manager according to product line procedures.
- Managing own time to prioritize and balance all assignments.
- Maintaining knowledge of Support policies, procedures, tools and systems; including Engineer Handbook guidelines.
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions/projects. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for resolving customer issues in an effective, timely, and efficient manner. They will be hard working possessing a strong drive to resolve all customer issues to the best of their ability. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 0- 2 plus years of technical support experience.
- Experience with/knowledge in the following IT concepts:
- Server operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux)
- SQL database (MS SQL Server) or Oracle database knowledge
- Basic understanding of common programming languages (Java, C++, etc.)
- Nice to have technical skills:
- Application Servers (JBOSS, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jrun)
- Web Servers (Apache Tomcat)
- MS Project
- Project Management knowledge/experience a plus
- Capacity to handle customer situations.
- Capable of demonstrating teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science is preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
To learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity, we welcome you to visit our web site at www.ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top