Associate Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for project-based work for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a module or aspect of a product.The Associate Software Engineer will perform non-complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks.
Program Level Execution
- Work collaboratively within an Agile Team to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done:
- Strive to meet team sprint commitments.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers.
- May develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties.
- Participate in test plan reviews.
- Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos.
- Responsible for assigned integration, testing and deployment tasks.
- Actively participate in Release Planning:
- Support the Agile Team in agreed upon achievable PI Objectives.
- Prepare for Iteration Planning, including:
- Actively participate in backlog refinement sessions in collaboration with other Agile team members.
- Actively participate in team planning and contributing to team goals.
- Volunteer for and commit to delivering stories and tasks within the sprint.
- Learn the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions.
- Work within a self-directed Agile team; learn from team members and assigned mentor, commit to work and contribute to the outcome.
- Cultivate a passion for delivering high quality products aligned with customer needs.
- Employ continuous learning; build domain expertise.
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team.
Typical Role definition:
Professional Staff. Works under general supervision. Has learned the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of study, not yet the formal application of these concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job-Specific Authority and Role:
- Manager is consulted for decisions
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical demands:
Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.Physical demand:
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a related field.
Typically 0 to 2 years of experience in software development or a related field.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Demonstrates a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participating in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.
- Debugging/coding skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication and organization skills.
- Teamwork skills.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careersWe and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.EOE/Min/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top