Associate Software Engineer (CA)
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
As a Mainframe Associate Software Engineer you will become a member of Software Engineering community and work alongside experienced engineers specializing in the IBM mainframe technology. In this role, you will not only build skills and gain increasing responsibility, you will also be making an impact by providing analysis related to software design and development, evaluating software performance, and making your recommendations to the software design community.
- Research and develop innovative new solutions that will help to shape the future direction of CA Technologies
- Work within a scrum team in an agile development environment, with an opportunity to gain exposure to many of the key agile roles
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers
- Participate in test plan reviews and develop automated test scripts to deliver high quality software solutions
The CA Mainframe Software Engineer position includes a 7-week training program in Pittsburgh, PA starting in June 2017. During this training, all participants’ expenses (meals, travel and hotel) are covered by the company. After the training is complete all will return to their home offices and work with their Business Unit. The Mainframe Associate Software Engineer Training Program introduces you to the mainframe platform, including the following topics:
- The mainframe z/OS operating system
- User interfaces for developing on the mainframe
- Embedded UNIX-oriented operating system
- Programming in the mainframe’s Assembler, Metal C, and REXX scripting languages
- Popular mainframe transaction servers, databases, file structures, and change management systems
- The Agile development process
How YOU will stand out?
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field between December 2015 to June 2017
- Languages- C, C++, Java
- Strong analytical skills to grasp operating system concepts
Like to have:
- Proven Team experience; Agile Team experience is a plus
- User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX) experience is a plus
- Working Knowledge of common operating systems (Linux, Windows, z/OS, Unix)
- Prior Internship experience in a Computer Software/ IT industry
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that.
- This Enterprise Program is encompassed with both Product and Mainframe teams, it’s important to note that it’s a cohesive unit that allows you the opportunity to work, grow, expand across the Enterprise, which allows CA Technologies to provides best-in-class solutions for its Customers
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work life balance
- Parent, Pet Benefits
- 5 paid volunteer days during the year to use as agreed upon by manager
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top