Associate Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We’re seeking inventive, passionate software developers with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to be change agents on our journey to transform (and secure!) the Application Economy.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades – with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
About the Role
As an associate software engineer you’ll play a key role in the CA Security product development community. You’ll be focused on CA Privileged Access Management (CA PAM) family of products, which are market-leading enterprise security products supporting hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers. You will plan, code, and retrospect with your team. Your code will run through continuous integration, merge to master, and deploy to production. The features and functionality that you build will be used by our customers to secure their most protect information assets every single day. In this role, you will not only build skills and gain increasing responsibility, you will also be making an impact by providing analysis related to software design and development, evaluating software performance, and making your recommendations to the rest of the CA PAM team.
We collaborate constantly. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We believe in clean code, automated testing, and scaling. We take walks, play games and have fun to give our brains a break. We use our own products to manage our work and stay agile. We’re always getting better. We care about mentoring our developers. We pair program, perform code reviews on every commit, and have several forums for knowledge sharing. We actively invest in the growth of our developers, and our associate engineers are no exception.
How Will YOU Stand Out?
- Students on track to graduate in December 2016 or May 2017 with either a BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Knowledge of object-oriented and/or functional programming
- Great communication skills along with the ability to clearly and effectively discuss project work with others
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Proven Team experience; Agile Team experience is a plus
Like to Have:
- Experience with or interest in HTML, CSS, and SQL
- Experience with or interest in user experience (“UX”) and design principles
- Experience with or interest in next generation micro services technologies (e.g., Docker)
- Working Knowledge of common operating systems (Linux, Windows, z/OS, Unix)
- Prior Internship experience in a Computer Software/ IT industry
Why Our Engineers Love It Here?
- Mission-Critical Technology: CA Technologies is all about enabling its customers to be successful in the Application Economy. Enterprise security is an absolute requirement to enabling that success. Our teams get a chance to innovate with a mission critical, cutting edge and market-leading enterprise security solution
- Big Enough to Be Interesting…Small Enough to Make an Impact: CA Technologies is a leading enterprise software provider with 12,000+ employees, hundreds of customers and decades of history. Success at scale is what CA is about. That said, the CA Security business unit – and specifically the CA Privileged Access Management product team – is nimble enough that each and every developer means something. Individual contributions power the development teams and the collection of development teams dictate the success of the product.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
- Collaboration & Influence: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better – the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work-Life balance
- Parent, Pet Benefits
- 5 paid volunteer days during the year to use as agreed upon by manager
Our Framingham, MA campus offers several amenities, including:
- Cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine with outdoor patio
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Office Culture Committee organized social events hosted monthly for employees
- Fitness Center (including indoor racquetball courts & cardio studio)
- A quick 25 minute drive to the heart of Boston
So if you’re innovative, pragmatic and collaborative and are looking for a company that offers influence, recognition and advancement, CA Technologies is the place for you!
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top