Associate Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Enterprise Software Engineer position includes a 3 week training program (Mainframe has additional 4 weeks) in Pittsburgh, PA starting in June 2017. During this training, all participants’ expenses (meals, travel and hotel) are covered by the company. After the training is complete all will return to their home offices and work with their Business Unit.
THERE ARE TWO AVENUES TO TAKE…
As an Enterprise Software Engineer you will join industry thought leaders in helping to define the future of software. For your first year you’ll be immersed in an agile development environment, among a team of like-minded and passionate individuals, where you will be exposed to the latest tools, techniques, and technologies as you work on special innovation projects. Best of all, you will have a direct influence on the value and impact of the solutions we can deliver to our customers both today and tomorrow. In this role, you will not only build skills and gain increasing responsibility, you will also be making an impact by providing analysis related to software design and development, evaluating software performance, and making your recommendations to the software designer community.
As a Mainframe Engineer you will become a member of Software Engineering community and work alongside experienced engineers specializing in the IBM mainframe technology. In this role, you will not only build skills and gain increasing responsibility, you will also be making an impact by providing analysis related to software design and development, evaluating software performance, and making your recommendations to the software designer community.
- Research and develop innovative new solutions that will help to shape the future direction of CA Technologies
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews
- Work in small scrum teams in an agile development environment, with an opportunity to gain exposure to many of the key agile roles
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
How YOU will stand out?
- BA/BS in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field between December 2015 to June 2017
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field to be completed between December 2016 and June 2017
- Prior Internship experience in a Computer Software/ IT industry
- Languages- C, C++, Java
Like to have:
- COBOL, Assembler, REXX (Mainframe)
- An understanding of areas such as: Virtualization Technology, Cloud Technologies, Networking, Application Development, Security and Identity Management (Products)
- Proven Team experience; Agile Team experience is a plus
- User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX) experience is a plus
- Working Knowledge of common operating systems (Linux, Windows, z/OS, Unix) – Mainframe
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that.
- This Enterprise Program is encompassed with both Product and Mainframe teams, it’s important to note that it’s a cohesive unit that allows you the opportunity to work, grow, expand across the Enterprise, which allows CA Technologies to provides best-in-class solutions for its Customers
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Work life balance
- Parent, Pet Benefits
- 5 paid volunteer days during the year to use as agreed upon by manager
- **Please email [email protected] with your resume if you have an interest!
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top