Associate Software Engineer (CA)
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Associate Software Engineer - Campus Recruiting Program - Full-Time Starting June 2018
Are you looking to design the future? You don't want just a job – you want to make a difference from the first day of your career. CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure, and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Look at what you can do at CA Technologies and the API Management team in Vancouver.
The Associate Software Engineer position includes a 3-week training program in one of our U.S. based offices starting in June 2018. During this training, all participants' expenses (meals, travel and hotel) are covered by the company. After the training is complete all will return to their home offices and work with their Business Unit.
- Research and develop innovative new solutions that will help to shape the future direction of CA Technologies
- Work with new technologies in areas such as Big Data Analytics, IoT, and Mobility
- Work and participate in small scrum teams in an agile development environment
- Visualize, articulate, and break down complex problems into simpler parts
- Design and code moderately complex units/modules/products that meet requirements
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications
- Write and maintain documentation to describe the work we do and the solutions we build
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews
- Provide product content to technical writers and review for technical accuracy
- Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers
- Develop, maintain and refactor a growing and robust suite of automated test cases using internal tools and processes
How YOU will stand out?
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field between December 2017 to June 2018
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field to be completed between December 2017 and June 2018
- Demonstrated passion for software creation, e.g. via:
- Academic software projects
- Contributions to open source projects
- Hackathon projects
- Your own side projects
- Working knowledge of common development languages (C++, Java, .NET, php, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web-based technologies (HTML4/5, HTTP/S, XML, CSS, API's, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Familiarity with areas such as:
- Virtualization technology
- Cloud technologies
- Application development, release management, performance and testing
- Security and Identity Management
- Familiarity with Microservices, containers (Docker), and PaaS (OpenShift).
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, JMeter, etc.)
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMware ESXi, Workstation, SaaS, AWS, EC2, etc.)
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, disciplined and detail oriented
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top