Associate Proposal Manager
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible to assist with developing and executing a standard and comprehensive process for the analysis of, and response to, proposals that include RFIs, RFPs, RFQs as directed by management. Work with Proposal Managers to learn and become familiar with the defined process to complete and implement proposals efficiently and effectively through the use and adherence to the defined bid/proposal management process.
- Begin to understand aspects of the proposal development and production process, assist with creating partnerships across the business to ensure a comprehensive and cohesive proposal response, and evoke and instill a sense of commitment to a quality product in team members
- Understand the types of procurements issued by the commercial sector, as well as state and local government clients, and create and implement processes to increase win probability
- Deliver positive, quantifiable results for the company and its customers which will be measured across five primary areas:
- Customer Focus: Effectively and compellingly communicate key capabilities to address customer or partners needs
- Financial Targets: Meet or exceed stated financial quotas and targets
- Internal Business Processes: Demonstrate proficiency with internal processes, systems and support structure
- Professional Development: Demonstrate increasing proficiency and skill
- Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: Collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
- Handle straight-forward and single solution based proposals.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent experience in an IT, business or sales related field.
Typically 0 to 2 years of industry experience and a focus on solution development, solution selling and/or bid management.
Skills & Competencies
- Capable of managing by influence within a matrix structure
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to rapidly gain credibility with and add value to key internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of business and commercial experience and awareness cross industry
- Strong ability to present the company’s vision and solution approach
- Demonstrates leadership, planning, execution and the ability to manage in a virtual team environment
- Strong self motivation, organization skills
- Capable of aligning strategy, programs and initiatives across a diverse sales organization
- Project management skills
- Reporting/analytics experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with SFDC strongly preferred
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top