Associate Platform Administrator - Mainframe Administrator
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for monitoring and managing systems, network and infrastructure components, private and public cloud infrastructure of the enterprise. Administer the core of the IT infrastructure. Implement enhancements (hardware and software) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Install various platforms including operating systems, applications, and possibly databases. May serve in tier two support depending on issue. Focused on incident and event management. Work with engineers to resolve issues. Monitor applications, databases and infrastructure components to ensure proactive actions are taken; and, when needed, immediate problem management activities addressed.
- Monitor enterprise infrastructure, system, server, application, and network performance following operator and control instructions.
- Maintain tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
- Modify, maintain, and update software and hardware. Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security and compliance.
- Provide daily operations analysis, support, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, hardware, and software. Monitor proactively to provide stable, dependable services. Execute operational jobs and activities to successful completion.
- Participate as a project team member and work on project implementations.
- Implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- During times of emergencies, outages and project planned work; be on call and available until the event is addressed. During system migrations and change windows, extra effort may be required in order to ensure the roll out of the system is successful.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in production monitoring, batch scheduling etc.
- Expert in handling Production Monitoring, batch fixes, simple storage issues etc. Hands-on experience in JCL, Cobol, DB2 issues (atleast basic troubleshooting & coding would be required).
- Technical skills – CA7, Sysview monitoring, Job scheduling, JCL, Cobol, MVS, VSAM. Security Administration on Mainframe would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (a must, generally rarely found in contractors L)
- Proficient in working with a multi-location team
- Working in shifts
- Preferably begin to achieve primary level of certification in field.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top