Associate Engineering Services Architect
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
This position is responsible for deploying, configuring, and supporting DevOps Tools for CA's R&D organization. In addition actively support DevOps vision and strategy, and training the R&D organization, to accelerate CI/CD adoptation.
- Mentor Junior level Associates through example and sharing of knowledge of all products within a Brand.
- Foster key 'Customer Relationships' with clients and partners to enable CI/CD.
- Consult with key clients on technology strategies with a Brand area.
- Provide on-site and remote assistance to the CI/CD programs for the assigned products.
- Recoginized subject matter expert for DevOps (deep knowledge in implementation/architecture and provide knowledge transfer)
- Provide feedback to the product brand to assist with improving DevOps process.
- Provide feedback to product management on customer requirements for future DevOps tools updates.
- Provide on-site and/or remote technical expertise for strategic or difficult sales opportunities, especially when technology is being used in a specific situation for the first time.
- Provide in-depth technical training for internal staff world-wide and partner and customer training as needed. Every on-site situation should be treated as an opportunity to impart knowledge to the local technical resources.
- Create demonstrations of interna staff.
- Support our R&D teams to help improve their development efficiency.
- Identify the need for, create and input into Industry Best Practice and product Integration documentation.
- Provide CA Education with Subject Matter Expertise in the creation of training courses
Typical Role Definition
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company's future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Typically has no direct reports.
- Typically has no total staff.
- Typically has a global geographic focus.
- Typically does not manage a budget.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Office environment. No special physical demands required.
- Job demands may require long periods of telephone work.
- Job demands may require long periods of computer work.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
Typically 7 or more years of industry related experience. Experience working with customers, engineers, and support teams. Experience in the related industry disciplines and technologies and related application experience. Deep product and solution knowledge around implementation and architecture. Experience with integration of products to create solutions. Cross-brand experience preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience with implementing DevOpS Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with SAFe
- Experience in providing technical training and consultation to the development team
- Experience in Database, Web Applications, Mobile Technologies
- Experience with Testing Tools (Unit, Load and Performance Testing)
- Experience in creating and executing test cases
- Continuous Integration (Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Teamcity, Jira, maven, etc)
- Must have Scripting (Java Script, Pearl, Shell, Ruby or Python) Experience
- Must have Java Programming Experience
- Operating System: Windows, Unix and Linux
- Database (MS SQL, Oracle, MYSQL)
- Testing Applications / Tools (CA LISA, HP ALM, Load Runner, QTP, Selenium)
- CA Product experience a Plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- Experience with Virtualization (Vmware), Docker Containers a plus
Below is the link to the internal QMS job description where you can view the Band Level & Job Family:
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top