CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your Future Starts here!
This position is responsible to assist the Teachers, Lead Teachers and children in a Montessori environment with children ages six weeks through kindergarten.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives.
For more information, visit http://www.ca.com/us/why-ca/innovation.html?intcmp=headernav
About the Role:
You’ll be teaching in our Montessori Children’s Center and the Key concepts needed are:
- Attaining state mandated training hours utilizing your own time as necessary and follow all laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Arranging organized activities, individual and group using classroom materials such as, wooden hand rattles, crocheted balls, musical instruments, puzzles language objects, and paint for times the lead teacher is out of the room.
- Planning and implementing outdoor, playground and inside activities for large muscle development using classroom materials such as, the wooden climber, movement mat, and pull up bar along with the outdoor play areas.
- Providing activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children
- Assessing gross and fine motor skills
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children
- Assisting in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials appropriate for the classroom.
- Maintaining attendance records of children participating in the classroom.
- Attending to the personal hygiene of each child, including changing diapers or soiled clothing and washing hands.
- Assisting in the cleaning and straightening of the classrooms at the end of the day, as well as putting away any outside equipment
- Continuing professional development through attending workshops, conferences and other staff development
- Maintaining the room so that it is safe, orderly, clean, appealing, and facilitative of the children’s growth, exploration and participation.
- Showing respect for the individuality of each child in terms of developmental level, potential, talent and behavior of that child.
- Ability to know not to embarrass a child when dealing with parents or other professionals.
- Ability to know not to speak about the child in front of the child or others.
- Observing the child and interpret the child’s needs.
- Communication: speech, language (expressive and receptive), social pragmatics
- Cognition: language, visual-motor, problem solving
- Social-Emotional: blend of fine motor, adaptive, communication, cognition
How you’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for learning, observation and patience. As a Teacher in our Montessori school you will be Join our talented team, where we inspire children to be lifelong learners. An ideal background will include:
- Actively pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. Completed or pursuing infant/toddler/PS certified through EEC
- Typically 1 or more years’ related work or work/internship experience.
- Flexibility, Patient, Good Communication and Listener. Easily adaptable under stress.
- Business travel of approximately 10 percent or less yearly is expected for this position.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (22.5Kg) and must be able to run after children and push several children in a carriage.
- Candidate able to sit on the floor with the children for long periods of time.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top