CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your Future Starts Here.
The Sr. Principal Java Engineer will have the chance to innovate and create cutting edge APM (Application Performance Management) Software Products. The right candidate will have a strong background in Cloud Technologies (including AWS) and Big Data Tools.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Developing cutting edge software for our APM products
- Design and implement horizontally scalable distributed systems for crunching time series data in real time involving millions of metrics
- Design cutting edge real time analytics algorithms that determine the root cause of performance problems in applications
- Responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing and ensuring the quality of large scale or complex software on design projects that span several product areas
- Implement solutions that will be deployed in SaaS and On premise products
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent application
- Working with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and other departments to drive success
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Work closely with product management representing engineering in cross-functional settings to understand and influence CA strategic product directions while translating those into appropriate product architectures and new product lines; constantly strive to evolve the product architecture and improve its maturity levels, modularity and flexibility
- Coaching and Mentoring Agile Team Members
- Lead the end-to-end product development life cycle
- Be a technical leader within your team
How You’ll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. He/she will have an outstanding track record and reputation for advising senior leaders on strategic initiatives within the IT industry. An ideal background will include:
- Strong Java Skills with over 10 years of experience
- A background working with Cloud Technologies Including AWS, or Azure would be a plus
- Exposure to Big Data tools
- A Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Proven experience in developing horizontally scalable solutions
- Experience in writing highly concurrent, high volume systems in Java
- Experience in developing distributed backend systems
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in data analytics would be a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Back to top