Advisor (Director), Business Development - EMEA Partner Program
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
We are seeking a talented Advisor, Business Development for our EMEA Partner Program to be based in our Prague office.
About the Role
This position is responsible to develop and manage the overall joint corporate relationships between CA and identified alliance and technology partner(s). Facilitate joint solution development, while guiding joint field engagements and alliance operations across all Business Units of the partner(s) and CA. Work with the local in-country/in-region CA teams to further build relationships and identify joint strategic programs and revenue opportunities. This position reports directly to the SVP, Corporate Development.
You will be responsible for:
- The Advisor will work close to define, build and maintain the Mainframe partner ecosystem in EMEA. Provide input into area strategic, review partner business plans to ensure alignment with sales and drive partner program utilization.
- Signing New Partners, Setting Strategic Priorities, Defining Growth Opportunities and joint planning.
- Partner Management, Account Coverage, Pricing & Packaging, Working with sales teams on opportunity management, deal closing, renewals, white space analysis.
- Serve as the key alliance liaison and first point of contact for all business-related activities.
Develop and drive the corporate strategic relationship(s) and ensure they are in concert with CA’s overall plan, including:
- Solution identification and development
- Business Case
- Business and Go-to-market plans
- Competitive positioning
- Manage day-to-day business relationship with partner(s), oversee all aspects of the relationship and ensure regular, coordinated interaction
- Initiate and maintain executive relationships with target partner(s), with primary focus on the business aspects, including the partners’ product groups, marketing and field organizations
- Understand and communicate the strategic vision of the partner(s) and CA and act as ‘expert advisor’ within CA on partner’s organization, products, technology and plans
- Communicate CA technology and strategic direction to the partner(s) and gain partner support of CA’s strategies
- Oversee and manage joint corporate alliance agreements and their compliance, including business agreements such as Letters of Understanding, Development License Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Develop and execute viable business cases and business plans jointly with the partner(s)
- Track and regularly report on current and potential projects and revenue for each partner
- Collaborate with CA Business Units to build partner alliance strategies for CA’s brand managers, product marketing, field marketing, and channel organizations
- Ensure CA’s Business Units understand and effectively manage the product interoperability processes between CA and the partner
- Act as an advisor and collaborate with CA alliance contacts in geographies where partner(s) has a presence, in order to leverage the relationships in those regions
- Understand market environment as it relates to Alliance: key drivers, barriers to success, competition, etc.
How You’ll Stand Out
An ideal background will entail:
Typically 10 or more years of related industry experience with 8 or more years experience in Alliance- related activities in the IT industry. International experience helpful.
Skills & Competencies
- Critical and innovative thinker and have the ability to effectively communicate and partner at the executive level.
- Other key skills include; possess strong and effective planning, execution, presentation, communications, negotiations and multi-tasking skills and must be able to lead, review and execute multiple strategic projects and manage virtual teams.
- Effectively build strategic working relationships and develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Build trust and display confidence in his or her intentions and those of the organization.
- Strong sense of ownership in his or her work.
- Excellent written, analytical and business development skills to balance strategic thinking and execution of tactical activity including the ability to crisply communicate and present at an executive level.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top