Advisor, Corporate Strategy
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We are currently looking for a Advisor, Corporate Strategy to join our Corporate Strategy team in our New York City office. Consideration will also be given to have the position based out of our Framingham, MA (Boston); or Islandia, NY office.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the company's corporate strategy.
- Work with specific business units to develop and update their strategies.
- Conduct research used to drive strategic decisions impacting customer focus, product portfolio and business models.
- Implement a methodology to ensure that the strategy process is operational so that participation in emerging and existing markets is constantly evaluated.
- Utilize communication skills, domain familiarity and the ability to leverage relationships across the company to realize strategy objectives.
- Provide input into the company's overall strategic direction and drive key strategic initiatives.
- Drive analysis of market trends, technology developments, and changes in customers' requirements to identify opportunities and risks impacting the company's business and formulate strategic responses to drive sustainable value realization.
- Coordinate input from all major business units to facilitate the integration of individual business unit plans with the corporate strategic plan.
- Provide operational support to the business to ensure the success of corporate initiatives.
- Implement programs and initiatives to meet organizational goals.
- Utilize tools, systems, processes, and procedures to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engage with third party analysts, consultants, and research organizations to execute research and bring independent knowledge and assessments into the company.
- Lead projects that require cross functional collaboration and manage stakeholder expectations; set deadlines; assign responsibilities; monitor and summarize progress; research requirements; recruit support as necessary and provide proposals on action plan, including the creation of success criteria and measurements.
- Develop, analyze and prepare information for Board and senior management.
- Direct and/or develop communications including thought leadership material, articles, presentations, social media and intranet content.
- Evaluate organizational issues; provide strategy and direction suggestions to the functional area leadership.
Minimum Requirements / Skills
- Typically 8 or more years of work experience.
- Minimum 2 years / preferred 4+ years working in the Information Technology industry in one or more of the following areas: consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Experience in a strategy consulting firm.
- Experience working effectively across highly-matrixed organizations.
- Experience in defining and driving programs.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of the company's corporate goals and objectives, markets, competitors, positioning, product portfolio and internal organization.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, particularly cross-organizationally and cross-functionally. Emphasis on building solid working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit comfort in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to maintain a proactive and positive approach to resolving conflict and or business issues.
- Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA / Master's degree, (or global equivalent), in a related field strongly preferred.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top