Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our EMEA and APJ Accounting Team based in Prague. For an assigned number of entities, you will be responsible for compiling and analyzing financial data to be used in preparation of journal entries, preparing analytical reports for income statement analysis as well as reconciling balance sheet accounts. You will be in contact with internal business partners in various Asian locations.
The Accounting team is responsible for the general ledger, the overall monthly and quarterly US GAAP book close process in EMEA and APJ, as well as annual statutory financial statements for each entity in the region.
- Preparation of journal entries for posting to the general ledger for assigned legal entities, e.g. accruals and prepayments
- Monthly preparation of Profit & Loss and balance sheet analytical reviews
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts and investigation and resolution of variances
- Assistance in preparing VAT returns and quarterly internal tax reporting together with external tax advisors
- Maintain various accounting schedules on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for internal and external financial reporting
- Assistance in preparing annual statutory financial and income tax returns
- Special projects and analysis as required, e.g. process improvement initiatives
- Preparation of documentation for internal and external auditors
- Other monthly, weekly, or daily financial analysis as required
- Possess Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Accounting or Finance. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus
- Studying ACCA is a plus
- Typically 2+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role, SSC experience is a plus
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with preparation of statutory financial statements is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, focusing on Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of US GAAP and related financial reporting regulations is a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top