Account Director, Global Partners
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Account Director, Global Partners
Location(s): Argentina/ Buenos Aires
Your future starts here!
This position is responsible for eliminating the barriers between ideas and outcomes for our partners through the introduction and use of CA Technologies solutions to solve their client's business challenges. This will be accomplished by executing either geo specific or region/country/vertical partner business plans for CA's challenging and complex partner accounts, gaining a thorough understanding of the partner's business, the industries in which they compete, and acting as a sales manager for assigned partner(s). This position is further responsible for developing and maintaining trusted relationships with assigned partner accounts.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
About the Role:
This position must be seen by the partner and customer as being both customer centric and solutions oriented. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for our partners by exhibiting:
Partner Focus: Geo - With a geo view, analyzes market dynamics, customer trends and competitive analysis and identifies where and how CA can grow their business within designated geography; works with global account lead to localize strategy specific to geo market; develops a geo specific account strategy, business plan and go-to-market (GTM) framework.
Region/Country - Execute and drive the region, country partner business plans including account planning, marketing, demand generation, operational cadence and communication plans to drive sales in conjunction with the partner.
Partner Commitment: Acts in ways that demonstrates customer and partner focus and satisfaction by building effective executive-level relationships with partners; identifying, meeting and exceeding partner expectations; serves as company interlock between partners and sales, digital sales, technical sales and business units.
Knowledge and Application of a specific CA's Solution Set: Know and understand CA products, how they integrate how to identify the solution to best meet the customers' business needs and how to appropriately position the CA domain solution with partners and customers
Territory/Partner Account Management: Understands both the partner and customer landscape and identifies and prioritizes NCV sales opportunities in conjunction with the field sales and/or partner sales team; understands market dynamics and opportunity; competitive analysis; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; measure partner sales business plan progress; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability and partner success.
Effective Communication: Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
Effective Selling: Drives multiple solutions across geo or region/country/vertical by engaging and interacting with the partner and CA sales teams; engages the appropriate technical resources to demonstrate CA solutions values; effectively and compellingly communicates CA's capabilities to address business value needs that support the account business objectives; builds demand generation for country/territory in conjunction with BU partner advisors and Marketing; monitors effectiveness of activities and adjusts accordingly; provides guidance on deal structuring, quoting and opportunity management.
Business Acumen: Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
Partner Acumen: Understands the partner strategy, how they operate and financial measures; leverages knowledge of what motivates a partner and tailors CA's partner value proposition to influence actions and decisions; understands the scope of Partner's offerings; understands the partner program and how to optimize rewards and payouts.
Financial Acumen: Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success.
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, attention to detail and passion.
An ideal background will include:
- Domain Knowledge: the ability to drive a competitive position by applying depth of technical and industry knowledge, knowledge of market and customer industry trends, and strengths and weaknesses compared to others.
- Business and Financial Acumen: understanding of how a business operates, what drives profitability, and how decisions impact other areas of the organization.
- Consultative Selling: When selling with a partner, serves as a proactive thought leader, through all phases of the sales cycle, by integrating CA Technologies understanding of the customer's organization and business drivers to create viable short and long term solutions.
- Operational Excellence: Successfully navigates the internal organization and uses processes, systems, tools and resources to accomplish assigned business goals and ensure partner/customer satisfaction.
- Objection Handling: Uses a logical, repeatable objection handling process including; understanding the issue; determining if it will keep the customer from buying; and working with the customer to determine what can be done to remove the issue.
- Relationship Building: Identifies and initiates working relationships, develops the relationships and maintains them in a way that is mutually beneficial.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Persuasiveness: The ability to gain others support for ideas, projects and solutions amongst peers/executives both inside and outside of CA.
- Presentation Skills: The efficient and effective exchange of information to achieve a specific objective using proven structure, flow, content and techniques.
- Solution Knowledge: Proactively maintains up-to-date knowledge of CA Technologies solutions, products and services, in order to align them with customer requirements and goals.
- Decision-Making: Apply experience, discipline and judgment to ensure mutually beneficial decisions are being made for partners, end-users, CA and employees; consult as appropriate with areas of expertise within CA leadership to ensure decisions for region are aligned with corporate goals and strategies.
- Conflict Management: Manage escalated conflicts, read situations quickly, handle tough disagreements and settle disputes quickly, equitably and objectively ûby finding common ground and obtaining cooperation with minimum disruption.
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in a related field or equivalent training in business or account management.
- Up to 8 years with proven results in the disciplines necessary to build a healthy and growing Partner Ecosystem (partner business planning, partner engagement, sales management, program and campaign management) with an understanding of technology, market dynamics and industry trends
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Fluency in English (Spanish Native)
Sound like a fit? Great!
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Meet Some of CA Technologies's Employees
Director of User Experience
Tania oversees the ongoing development of CA’s Agile Management Business Unit and the customer-centered user experience of its products.
Back to top