Site Reliability Engineer
CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data and then distribute those insights in the form of location intelligence apps. Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is poised to dominate the location intelligence space.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office, but you can also work remotely.
We look for
- Analytical and critical thinking with your own and other people’s code or decisions. You think first, act later
- Curiosity, energy, and a collaborative mindset. Our product team works very closely. We discuss a lot and we make sure that everything we build makes contextual sense
- An agile and “get the job done” attitude. We believe in our mission and always want to push things forward. Test, release things, and keep improving
As a developer of the Systems Team you will connect all the different components of the CARTO stack by building and deploying production-grade services and tools. You’ll think as a designer by building secure architectures that can scale the right way at the right time. Coding it a pretty important part of the systems work. We build everything mostly with Python, Bash, and Ruby on Linux. We like to work with Go when we want to build something a little bit more robust or we just want to have some fun.
At CARTO you will have the chance to work on solving Linux-based distributed platform challenges at different levels at the same time you contribute to our open source stack. You will work alongside other engineers to design, build, and debug distributed architectures. And of course you will also help with refactors, bug fixing, and keeping the technical debt contained.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan
- Every Friday afternoon is Leapfrog time, where you will be working on whatever you like related to CARTO
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee and even a cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
Meet Some of CARTO's Employees
Director of Inside Sales
Nancy’s team in NYC is the first point of contact with CARTO’s prospects and is responsible for building relationships and understanding the business challenges that prospective clients are facing.
Back to top