CARTO empowers everyone, from Business Analysts to Data Scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers visual insights on where things happen, why they happen, and predicts what will happen in the future. We accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt business models through the use of location intelligence (LI).
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.We are looking for experienced individuals who know how to create and manage opportunities, close new business and maintain outstanding customer relationships with large financial services organizations.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Sales Engineer to partner with our Account Executive and Partner Management teams actively drive sales opportunities and be responsible for the technical win.
- Work closely with the Account Executive and Partner Management teams to achieve the technical win on business opportunities
- Estimate, plan, build, and demonstrate demos, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept to technical and non-technical audiences
- Become the first line of technical support during the sales process, working with our account managers to provide comprehensive responses to customer requests for technical information
- Architect solutions for prospect requirements that go beyond our standard product offering
- Evangelize Location Intelligence and the business value achieved through leveraging it
- Represent CARTO at conferences and events
- 5+ years of experience as in similar roles at software companies, preferably SaaS companies in the geospatial or data analytics space
- Strong technical skills combined with good business acumen
- A collaborative personality that works hand-in-glove with the account executives and partner managers to drive revenue growth for CARTO through compelling demonstrations and evaluations of our products and solutions
- A service mentality towards internal stakeholders and to our business prospects and customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Meet Some of CARTO's Employees
Director of Inside Sales
Nancy’s team in NYC is the first point of contact with CARTO’s prospects and is responsible for building relationships and understanding the business challenges that prospective clients are facing.
Back to top