Sales Development Representative
CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data and then distribute those insights in the form of location intelligence apps. Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is poised to dominate the location intelligence space.
This is a high-volume, high-ambition role that acts as the opening step in our sales process, and an ideal opportunity to learn technology sales in an ambitious, successful company. You will rapidly increase your understanding of the location intelligence market by reaching out to and qualifying prospects. You will be a part of a team that will be the talent pool for the future sales (and other function) leaders of the future.
You’ll join CARTO at an ideal time: we’re at the sweet spot stage where you’ll learn from the best while still having an opportunity to move the needle.
- Enthusiastically contact a high volume of leads per day to introduce CARTO and the power of Location Intelligence
- Give a warm welcome to a wide range of prospects interested in CARTO
- Evaluate each prospect’s business goals, and track what you learn in our CRM
- Schedule demonstrations with qualified leads, feeding the rest of the Sales Team with high-quality meetings
- Serve as the link between sales and marketing, building greater interest and commercial need in marketing-sourced as well as self-sourced leads before passing them to sales
- The ambition, focus and persistence to perfect your approach over time.
- A strong interest in sales, a keen intellect, and strong attention to detail.
- A strong interest in learning consultative sales. We do our homework and approach contacts with a charming persistence that builds relationships right.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- A bright, comfortable office stocked with snacks and good coffee
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company. We aim to promote from within and view the SDR team as a strong pool of talent to draw from for sales, marketing, customer success and other roles at the organization.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Droppbox and Cloudera
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Meet Some of CARTO's Employees
Director of Inside Sales
Nancy’s team in NYC is the first point of contact with CARTO’s prospects and is responsible for building relationships and understanding the business challenges that prospective clients are facing.
Back to top