CARTO empowers everyone, from Business Analysts to Data Scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers visual insights on where things happen, why they happen, and predicts what will happen in the future. We accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt business models through the use of location intelligence (LI).
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.We are looking for experienced individuals who know how to create and manage opportunities, close new business and maintain outstanding customer relationships with large financial services organizations.
Our rapidly growing Research Team is looking for an additional experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Data Scientist to work at the intersection of data science and GIS. The role will involve working with the Research and Data Science Team to develop new algorithms that leverage the spatial nature of data to produce more accurate insights and predictions. This role will involve working with external clients to help solve their spatial data science problems and also working to bring new functionality to CARTO as a platform. There will be a strong focus on adapting existing machine learning methods to best work with spatial data and exploring new methods from the fields of spatial econometrics and machine learning.
- Work with the Data Science Team and external clients to solve hard spatial data science problems
- Develop new analysis to be integrated into the core CARTO product
- Present work at conferences and meetups, and lead workshops around spatial data science
- Keep up to date on new developments from industry and academia, and present and educate the wider company at CARTO
- A Master's, PhD or equivalent in data science, machine learning, statistics or a related field or... participation in a data science boot camp and a significant number of personal projects showing data science proficiency
- 1-2 years experience working as a data scientist in a professional setting
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL, Python and/or R
*Bonus Points For Experience Working With:
- Distributed computing systems like SPARK.
- GIS software: CARTO, QGIS, ArcGIS etc.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
Meet Some of CARTO's Employees
Director of Inside Sales
Nancy’s team in NYC is the first point of contact with CARTO’s prospects and is responsible for building relationships and understanding the business challenges that prospective clients are facing.
Back to top