Account Executive (Public Sector)
Do you have a passion for solving interesting customer problems with data and analytics? Do you love maps and geospatial apps? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success selling software for analytics, BI, data science, or GIS? If so we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a high performing public sector account executive for our rapidly growing North American Sales Team. In addition to being able to manage opportunities and close new business, the right candidate will have experience (and interest!) in SaaS, GIS, and/or data visualization.
This position will work out of our Reston, VA office.
- Be a key part of a rapidly growing high performing sales team
- Be responsible for creating opportunities through outbound prospecting and for managing deals throughout the sales cycle
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and match them to the CARTO value proposition
- Collaborate with SDR, Solutions Engineering, and Customer Success teams to evangelize, close and enable customers in your territory
- Actively and accurately maintain and forecast your pipeline
- Work hard and have fun!
- 3-5 years of experience in a software sales capacity with a SaaS provider, preferably focussed on the data analytics or geospatial space
- 1-2 years experience in GIS, business intelligence, and data science/analytics
- A network of decision makers you have successfully sold to in the past
- A track record of consistent quota attainment as a successful sales executive
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- An ability to learn quickly and provide detailed solution information to prospects and clients
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really) time off, and 401k with match
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Meet Some of CARTO's Employees
Director of Inside Sales
Nancy’s team in NYC is the first point of contact with CARTO’s prospects and is responsible for building relationships and understanding the business challenges that prospective clients are facing.
Back to top