Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Dealer Inspire, a CARS brand
- Flexible / Remote
**This position is 100% Remote; US-based candidates.**
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Dealer Inspire is seeking an individual to serve as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) for the Company. Reporting to the VP of Platform Engineering, the Senior SRE will be responsible for creating scalable technical solutions that will help DI create a fully integrated product platform.
- Work closely with our Software Architect to design and implement highly decoupled, event driven microservices infrastructure that will allow for quick movement against new and existing business domains.
- Create an infrastructure that allows for high observability and proactive alerting as first class citizens instead of tack ons.
- Create programmatic infrastructure that allows for the rolling of new services to be automated and repeatable.
- Design and actively build out a highly-available, event driven microservice infrastructure that will sit at the center of Dealer Inspire's product platform.
- Help to create reference infrastructure for various types of technical projects.
- Create Infrastructure that allows new microservices to be spun up at the drop of a hat in order to quickly create solutions for new business domains.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience designing, automating, and running large scale, multi-tenant, SaaS production services with a public cloud service provider;
- Professional or Associate level AWS certification;
- 5+ years of combined experience as a Software Engineer and DevOps Engineer;
- 3+ years of experience with automating systems and infrastructure utilizing infrastructure-as-code concepts;
- 2+ years of experience with container management and deployment;
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of networking and Linux;
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and other modern deployment technologies;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies;
- Champion excellent documentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence others;
- Ability to give and receive candid feedback.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding the pain points of getting a new team off the ground and best practices for establishing a culture of engineering excellence from day one;
- Experience with building/deploying/maintaining an event sourced system;
- Experience running a mildly popular open source project with stellar documentation;
- The ability to coach and help grow other engineers, helping them to "learn what they didn't know they had to learn.
BENEFITS & PERKS:*
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top