Engineering Manager, Data Platforms
- Chicago, IL
Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and innovative leader to build scalable and highly performant platforms, systems and tools to enable innovations with data. If you are passionate about building large scale systems and data driven products, we want to hear from you.
- Responsible for implementation and architecture of cloud platform focusing on streaming data sets and productionalizing ML models
- Build highly scalable data products that provide intelligent insights to our websites, business and partners.
- Partner with data science and business stakeholders to build data science platform and tooling
- Responsible for DevOps data implementation like CI/CD, security compliance, system monitoring, and alerting
- Manage, mentor, and motivate a team of engineers to focus on data quality, platform stability and solution delivery.
- Collaborating with tech leads, and other engineering and data science teams to define technical standards and direction
- Helping to remove bottlenecks and connecting team members across teams
- Primary driver of career development of team members
- Proficient in managing and scaling big data environments in a cloud environment.
- Real-time data pipelines and streaming patterns and event driven architecture (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Building large scale data pipelines in frameworks such as Spark and in programming languages such as Scala, Python or Java.
- Expertise in defining and architecting enterprise scale data platforms
- Expertise in data infrastructure tools like Jenkins, GitHub and Docker
- Ability to prioritize and manage data projects and drive them to completion
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field/equivalent experience
- Strong background in software engineering
- Experience building a big data environment with streaming and batch processing.
- Experience building high performance and collaborative teams
- Hands on experience in cloud and streaming platforms
- 5+ years of engineering work experience
- 2+ years of work experience as a people manager
- Experience creating data platform strategy
- Experience with AWS Cloud platform including AWS services like Glue, EMR, Lambda, EC2, ECS, EKS and IAM
- Experience in scaling and productionalizing machine learning models
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top