Vehicle Condition Assessor
The Vehicle Condition Assessor (VCA) position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, assessing, recording, and communicating information about appraisals to Buyers/Sr. Buyers/Purchasing Managers for analysis, assisting with customer transfers, completing lot merchandising activities, securing vehicles, and assisting the Purchasing team with additional daily functions as needed. A VCA may also be responsible for various wholesale auction responsibilities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct accurate vehicle condition assessments by collecting, recording, and communicating all required information about customer appraisals for a Buyer, Senior Buyer, or Purchasing Manager's analysis.
- Accurate optioning of vehicles customer appraisals and CarMax inventory.
- Perform quality and timely imaging of inventory for CarMax.com.
- Complete vehicle secures, including reading and verifying appraisal sheet information for any discrepancies.
- Complete vehicle walkarounds including communicating information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist Purchasing Department with maintaining inventory and executing customer transfers.
- Partner with Inventory and Sales Departments to conduct lot merchandising, as needed.
- Assist the Purchasing Department with various other projects and office duties, as needed.
- Complete assigned tasks independently and follow up after completion.
Work requires ability to:
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to follow detailed, standardized processes to complete work.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-pace work environment
- Speak and listen effectively when dealing with internal and external customers
- Function effectively within other departments in a team-oriented environment
- Successfully complete New Associate Orientation Training
- Successfully complete Timekeeping Training for Hourly Associates
- Successfully complete all required online training
- Requires walking, bending, kneeling or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors or in any inclement weather environment for several hours
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays
- Requires CarMax work clothing to be worn at all times when working in the store (acquired through CarMax World)
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top