A forward-thinking UX Writer will help enhance and evolve the brand experience across our website and digital products.
Passionate about UX, you'll partner with fellow writers, product designers, and business partners to help deliver clear, engaging digital experiences. Through discovery and skillful use of tone and voice, you'll help CarMax develop innovative digital products that reflect our unique brand experience.
As a UX writer, you will partner with our product teams to integrate our tone and voice throughout our website and digital products. An ideal candidate: is comfortable with conceptual thinking, obsesses over the details, delivers great presentations, can simplify complex ideas, and can deliver on-brand copy at every stage of product development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write UX copy that is straightforward, concise, helpful, and mindful of making emotional connections while communicating the brand
- Collaborate with UX designers, delivery managers, marketing, and creative services to launch and evolve new features
- Observe and conduct discovery research; Test ideas and apply learnings
- Advocate for consumers with an understanding of brand, product, and business goals
- Enhance the development of CarMax style guide to incorporate UX copy; Ensure a consistent narrative across product UI
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across multiple disciplines
- Ability to assess and prioritize work in partnership with others
- Ability to influence and/or adhere to program goals appropriately
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to resolve challenges in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work within the constraints of a style guide and the ability to help develop style to accommodate the growing needs of a company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Mass Communication, Advertising, Journalism, or English) required
- Two to five years of related experience preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office 365, Others can be trained
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
- Write and copyedit short-form copy (partnering with other writers and proofreaders, as needed)
- Craft headlines that engage readers and highlight covered topics
- Translate consumer insights data into actionable content for consumers
- Working knowledge of SEO, UX, and Google Analytics
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top