- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Relish the challenge of tackling difficult business problems, but also enjoy time away working in a culture that prides itself on truly valuing our associates and work-life harmony. Finally, join an organization that has been named one of the '100 Best Places to Work' by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance. CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THIS JOB
CarMax Technology Associates build and ship innovative solutions for our Fortune 500 company's customers and associates while engaging with senior mentors and managers to help develop their careers technically and professionally. They leverage cutting edge mobile, cloud, and emerging platform technologies in an Agile environment to further our disruption of the used car buying market.
We're looking for candidates who bring fresh ideas and a wide array of experiences to the team to help us Drive What's Possible in all areas, including API development, data warehousing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile. Together, we deliver iconic experiences through innovative technology and relentless execution.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Ideal Technology intern candidates will be motivated with a passion for learning and developing both soft and technical skills to support the following roles:
- Software Development - Experience with various programming languages, team-player, self-starter with a passion for learning
- Delivery Manager (Project Manager/ Scrum Master) - Gain experience as a Delivery Manager (Project Manager/Scrum Master) learning, Project and Agile practices; leading a team through decision making, setting expectations with a project sponsor, project teams and other stakeholders, and developing a schedule. Ideal candidates will have strong organizational skills, be comfortable communicating with different levels of the organization, good verbal and written skills, and like working through others. Experience facilitating team meetings preferred, but not required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for both our customers and our associates.
- Participate in a fast paced, dynamic Agile environment where innovation and collaboration are keys to our success
- Develop communication skills by participating in business customer meetings, design sessions, and presentations to Senior Technology Leaders
- Contribute to products/projects that enable the success of our associates
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
The Technology Internship program provides opportunity to work alongside teams directly impacting the company. The 10-week program encourages professional growth, development of technology skills, and the opportunity for cross-team collaboration. During the internship you will...
- Experience the CarMax culture and learn why we are one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For! for 15 consecutive years and now one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies for Millennials
- Learn about CarMax and the technologies and tools used to support our business
- Build your professional network by meeting and connecting with Technology leadership
- Gain exposure and hands-on experience with various programming languages, new technologies, platforms, and tools
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for learning and developing both soft and technical skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business and technical problems
- Coursework/projects, research, internships or other practical experience in/outside of work
- Computer Science or Business Information Technology Degree preferred
Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top