Team Manager - Talent Acquisition
Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and Share in Ours. Join the CarMax Talent Acquisition Team!
CarMax, a growing Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For" Thirteen years in a row and the nation's leading used car retailer, is seeking a Sourcing Team Manager on the Talent Acquisition Team at our home office headquarters in Richmond, Virginia.
The Sourcing Team Manager will manage and lead a team of recruiting associates to proactively create and implement talent sourcing strategies to identify top talent across the country. The Sourcing Team Manager will lead his/her team to identify new tools and channels in order to find and attract top talent.
- Develop and implement targeted sourcing strategies for hard to fill roles across geographical regions, building a pipeline of top talent for current and future opportunities
- Be the subject matter expert on recruitment sourcing; stay up -to-date on latest sourcing tactics and strategies and conduct training for team as needed. Identify and research new sourcing technologies and tools and evaluate them for Carmax usage
- Find meaningful opportunities to reach passive candidates through unique and targeted channels relevant for different populations
- Understand business needs by gathering information from multiple channels, including but not limited to, standard reporting, corporate and store communications, information provided by HR leaders.
- Work with direct reports to ensure priorities are clear, monitor work load, and confirm objectives are being met.
- Ensure associates are engaged by regularly connecting through conversations, meetings, understanding what motivates them, and providing clear and timely developmental feedback and opportunities.
- Consult with our Marketing partners to build our employer brand, create a social media strategy, and manage recruitment marketing effectiveness for all positions and markets.
- Collaborate with key partners and vendors to ensure our Careers Website is effective and has current and relative information to attract the right talent
- Actively participate in cross-departmental projects and initiatives as needed.
- 4 year college degree or military experience strongly preferred; HR certifications a plus
- 2-5 years recruiting or sourcing experience required
- 2-5 years managing and developing teams required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, to external vendors, candidates, direct reports and leaders required
- Ability to utilize data, both quantitative and qualitative to effectively manage the priorities and workload of a team
- Retail experience preferred
Internal Associates: successful completion of MDP is required
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top