Team Manager - Specialty Collections
Join the CarMax Auto Finance Leadership Team at our Contact Center headquartered in Kennesaw, GA.
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
At CarMax Auto Finance, Team Managers set the tone for their team. Leading by example, it is their responsibility to ensure all departmental and company goals are met while leading Associate development, inspiring Associate engagement and maintaining an exceptional quality of service for all CarMax Auto Finance customers. They provide daily motivation and oversight to a team of up to 15 nonexempt employees to maintain compliance and promote productivity. Team Managers are empowered to create and execute strategies to drive ongoing business improvement. Through frequent analysis and reporting, they work to track successes and based on their results, create incentives to motivate and reward Associates for peak performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze historical data and utilize information to create departmental goals, collections strategies, and special projects (as needed) to effectively reduce delinquencies/losses.
- Effectively manage positive associate/vendor relations.
- Complete annual Associate Performance Reviews.
- Development, review, and monitoring of associates via performance updates and month-end reviews.
- Conduct monitors/account audits to ensure compliance and provide coaching and feedback.
- Create department schedules, balancing associate availability and company needs.
- Create, track and process incentives to motivate associates to achieve business goals.
- Develop and conduct effective team meetings and planning sessions.
- Oversee and/or conduct associate technical training and educate associates regarding CarMax philosophies.
- Approve or decline customer account extension requests and accounts in review for repossession.
- Recruit, interview, make hiring decisions and extend employment offers for staff.
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Ability to manage multiples processes within strict deadlines.
- Ability to motivate, manage, and develop associates.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and/or two or more years related experience.
- Prior collections experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top