Team Manager - Specialty Collections
Join the CarMax Auto Finance Leadership Team at our Contact Center headquartered in Kennesaw, GA.
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
The Specialty Collections - High Risk Team Manager is responsible for motivating and managing associates to achieve both departmental and company goals. This person is accountable for the development of associates to ensure performance expectations are achieved within the CarMax Auto Finance Specialty Collections department. This person is also responsible for optimizing associate efficiency, ensuring process compliance and execution of strategies focused on reducing delinquencies and mitigating losses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster teamwork and effectively manage associate and vendor engagement aligned with the CarMax Culture and Core Values. Be visible in the department to motivate associates and support positive employee morale.
- Deliver business results through the creation of departmental goals and driving team performance to meet and exceed goals.
- Facilitate analysis, identify trends and make recommendations to drive ongoing strategy, process and performance improvements focused on optimizing associate effectiveness and reducing delinquencies and losses.
- Monitor, coach and develop associate skills via quality and performance feedback processes as well as month end and annual associate performance reviews.
- Create, track and process performance incentives to motivate associates to achieve business goals.
- Facilitate and conduct effective team meetings and planning sessions.
- Ensure all team members have necessary and ongoing training and coaching, tools and job aides for optimum success in their role.
- Handle escalated customer issues and inquiries, account reviews and extension requests.
- Understand and ensure associate compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Optimization Team to validate department schedules, balancing associate availability and company needs.
- Recruit, interview, select and extend employment offers to viable candidates.
- Lead by example and be an advocate for positive change and an ambassador for the CarMax Culture and Core Values.
- Perform and multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Focused execution on motivating, developing and performance managing associates.
- Possess effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Produce quality deliverables within designated deadline.
- Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with both associates and managers
- Ability to make solid business decisions that serve the best interest of the customer, associate and shareholder.
- Ability to both anticipate obstacles and identify trends that impact the business and address them accordingly.
- Ability to work through business opportunities in a logical manner, and utilize forward thinking to create long term solutions.
- Ability to learn information quickly and make strategic decisions.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top