Team Manager - General Ledger Accounting
The Team Manager, Accounting will be responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the company's Account Reconciliation and Inventory Control functions. These responsibilities include ensuring the integrity of information in the PeopleSoft General Ledger, developing and leading initiatives to enhance the account reconciliation and inventory control process, building and leveraging cross-functional and external partnerships in support of departmental objectives, ensuring Accounting customers' needs are met, and leading and developing a team of associates to execute on the department's mission.
- Manage the monthly financial close process as it relates to inventory control and account reconciliations. This includes monitoring and review of the monthly inventory turns and inventory analysis, monitoring of the status of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and resolution of any issues identified, and review and approval of related journal entries. The Team Manager, General Ledger Accounting will partner with Shared Services, Financial Systems Integration, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, and other Home Office, CAF, and field teams, as appropriate during this process.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of associates through timely performance feedback delivered during day-to-day observations, periodic file reviews, and an annual performance evaluation. The Team Manager is responsible for creating individual development plans and setting business objectives designed to enhance and assist associate growth.
- Support the transformation of the company's account reconciliation process and ongoing centralization of accounting functions to a best-in-class operation through kaizen events and other process improvement initiatives.
- Lead special projects, as needed. Partner with cross-functional teams to define and implement the future state of accounting and reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and gain buy-in from managers and associates
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within immediate area of business, and when necessary, identify resources in other areas of the business that can be utilized
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively, and manage own time to meet goals/objectives
- Ability to develop and execute a plan with minimal direction
- Ability to develop and promote other associates for organizational needs
- Ability to apply business and technical knowledge to produce results and make recommendations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year business degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Three or more years of general accounting experience
- CPA or CPA-candidate preferred
- One or more years of experience leading teams to achieve common goals, including supervising direct and/or indirect reports
- Knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, accounting systems and automation
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in associate leadership and development
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top