Team Manager - Early Collections
Join the CarMax Auto Finance Leadership Team at our Contact Center headquartered in Kennesaw, GA.
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
At CarMax Auto Finance, Team Managers set the tone for their team. Leading by example, it is their responsibility to ensure all departmental and company goals are met while leading Associate development, inspiring Associate engagement and maintaining an exceptional quality of service for all CarMax Auto Finance customers. They provide daily motivation and oversight to a team of up to 15 nonexempt employees to maintain compliance and promote productivity. Team Managers are empowered to create and execute strategies to drive ongoing business improvement. Through frequent analysis and reporting, they work to track successes and based on their results, create incentives to motivate and reward Associates for peak performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, develop, and motivate non-exempt Associates thru effective performance management and guidance.
- Resolve elevated customer issues/inquires and collection account disputes.
- Be visible and accessible in the department to motivate, answer associate questions and monitor productivity.
- Approve or decline customer account extension requests.
- Create recognition programs to motivate associates to achieve goals. Track, measure and process associate incentive.
- Monitor associate productivity statistics and create reporting.
- Review and approve associate schedules and analyze associate coverage to ensure scheduling meets business needs.
- Conduct live or recorded phone monitors/account audits to evaluate associates on quality of customer service provided, effectiveness of collection efforts and compliance with company policies.
- Effectively manage positive associate and peer relations.
- Oversee and/or conduct associate technical training and educate associates regarding CarMax philosophies.
- Recruit, interview, make hiring decisions and extend employment offers for staff.
- Develop and conduct effective team meetings.
- Analyze and track trends based on data and recommend policy updates or changes.
Candidates must be available to work 2 evening shifts Monday through Friday with a rotating weekend (Saturday 9-6 & Sunday 10-7), generally 1-2 per month.
- Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Effectively motivate and develop associates.
- Effectively evaluate associate performance and provide performance feedback.
- Use sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Effectively manage stressful situations.
- Interpret and analyze data, reports, processes, trends, and situations and recommend solutions.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or at least one year of relevant experience.
- Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
- Basic to moderate computer knowledge and basic understanding of MS word and Excel.
- Proven Collections and/or Customer Service experience.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top