Talent Acquisition Manager
Under general guidance from AVP-Talent Acquisition, manage and lead team of Recruiters supporting hiring for the CarMax corporate office while striving to maintain the diversity and integrity of the culture. Also includes overseeing the direction of Administrative Assistants responsible for providing administrative support to recruiters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of recruiters to proactively source and hire high quality candidates to meet the needs of our home office clients.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual business metrics and reporting to communicate staffing efficiency and effectiveness to key stakeholders.
- Meet with clients regularly to understand their business and strategy to help prioritize sourcing and recruiting workload, and proactively plan for future staffing needs
- Ensure clients are receiving effective and timely updates on their roles, and help recruiters work through any obstacles finding talent
- Proactively identify process improvements, gain buy-in from peers and leaders on solutions, and drive to completion.
- Partner with other recruiting teams (Field, CAF) on recruiting ventures such as recruiting related materials, offer letters, process and system improvements
- Effectively lead and hold direct reports accountable to meet hiring goals and hold a high bar for customer service to our internal clients
- Manage engagement and development of the team, including but not limited to providing timely feedback, partnering with associates on development plans, having regular meetings, providing learning opportunities, etc.)
- Manage relationships with all approved contingency staffing firms and recruiting partnerships to help augment Home Office staffing. Assist in evaluating effectiveness, negotiating rates, and controlling expenses related to using outside staffing firms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and associates.
- Ability to problem solve and comprehend and apply basic mathematics
- Demonstrated experience influencing across multiple levels and interacting with senior management;
- Strategic thinker with strong planning & execution skills.
- Proficiency with training, mentoring, developing associates.
- Ability to lead courageously and make sound independent decisions.
- Results focused; high action orientation.
Internal candidates should have successfully completed Senior MAP.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year college degree strongly preferred; HR certifications a plus.
- 2-5 years in HR Management required, preferably recruiting or staffing environment
- Agency/vendor management experience preferred
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top