Strategy Manager - Store Products
Over twenty years ago, CarMax disrupted the now $500B+ automotive industry and to this day remains its undisputed market leader. With best-in-class financial performance, customer satisfaction, and Associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth. Much of this growth will be driven by our investments in new products to drive innovation in the way we guide customers seamlessly through their shopping journey, both digitally and in-store. The Strategy Manager of Store Products will be a core member of the team driving this transformational work.
This role will work closely with CarMax's store product teams to drive the strategy and benefit realization from our store products. The role will be an active member of these product teams, and some of the key areas of focus will be helping prioritize high value features, exploring new reporting capabilities to drive store execution, measuring the impact of product launches/enhancements, and providing CarMax's leaders with data-driven recommendations to help make key decisions. Success in this role will be measured by the team successfully delivering new products and enhancements that improve our customer experience and drive results.
This position provides a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills the opportunity to play a leadership role in driving the innovation agenda for a Fortune 500 retailer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Partner with Product Owner to develop and monitor key performance metrics
- Perform data-driven analysis to support prioritization decisions and address critical questions
- Create strategic frameworks to support business leaders through key decisions points
- Collaborate with and influence feature design where critical to hit key performance targets
- Influence data capture process and data table structure to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Develop and execute measurement plans for product testing and rollout
- Periodically present decision recommendations to CarMax senior leadership
- Lead the effort to leverage new reporting capabilities within the existing store management system
- Be CarMax's subject matter expert on the data sources generated from new store products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must exhibit the following skills.
- Strategic thought leadership
- Convert high-level business objectives into concrete direction
- Appropriately evaluate both qualitative and quantitative inputs to arrive at the right decision
- Effectively influence teams and senior leaders to a recommendation
- Analytical decision making
- Approach challenges with analytical curiosity and a sharp attention to detail
- Explore new, uncharted data sets and functional tools in order to apply to business needs
- Project management
- Deliver great results across several simultaneous bodies of work
- Prioritize work effectively and manage time to meet goals and objectives
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner through verbal and written methods
- Present complex and/or technical information in clear and compelling ways
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of business experience in strategic analysis, financial analysis, consulting or engineering
- Undergraduate degree in a business, quantitative, or engineering discipline with an excellent academic record, MBA/Masters valued though not required
- Experience with test design, advanced analytics, and statistics preferred
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint; SQL experience preferred
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top