Sr. Specialist - Specialty Collections
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked one of Atlanta's top 25 large companies since 2016, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
The Repossession Senior Specialist is responsible for assisting the Team Manager in achieving department goals by providing associate training, monitoring and auditing and providing administrative support. This person is also responsible for collecting on severely past due accounts in order to reduce delinquencies/losses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Report statistics and collection performance.
• Be visible in the department to motivate and answer associate questions.
• Assist in facilitating effective team meetings and planning sessions.
• Conduct monitors/account audits to ensure compliance and provide feedback.
• Assist in creating incentives to motivate associates to achieve business goals.
• Track and measure incentives.
• Approve or decline customer account extension requests and accounts in review for repossession.
• Resolve elevated customer issues/inquires and collection account disputes.
• Coordinate with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer issues.
• Select and submit accounts for repossession review.
• Take incoming/make outbound collection calls to customers on to resolve outstanding past due balances on their account.
• Work with external vendors to resolve outstanding account issues.
• Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, charge off, payment options and account management options.
• Utilize on-line systems and other resources to perform skip trace work on customers and vehicles to establish contact or vehicle location.
• Annotate accounts in company database to document interactions with the customer, vendors, etc.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies/laws.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Speak and listen effectively with customers, associates and vendors.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
• Work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 12 -18 months of collections and/or related experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Back to top