Sr Software Developer - Digital Media Capabilities - REMOTE
- Richmond, VA
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Your expertise shapes our business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. And at the heart of that innovation are new digital products. Working on many different aspects of the customer experience, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfil them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that's right for them.
Your expertise shapes our digital business
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms - allowing them to transact with us anytime, anywhere. As a Senior developer, you'll be at the forefront of driving technical innovation alongside several product teams who are creating a seamless online transaction experience for our customers and associates.
You are: Able to balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that's right for them.
We are: A team of experts (such as a Product Manager, Lead Developer, UX Designer, Delivery Manager, Quality Engineer, Analyst/Data Scientist, and other Software Developers), working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and customer-focused environment to bring a seamless online shopping experience to life.
Together we'll be: A passionate technology team, developing ground-breaking products. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit product team, you will be part of the development process from end to end: consulting users, carrying out experiments, tackling complex business problems and implementing new products.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
- This team is responsible for all images and media at CarMax. Using machine learning and other advanced techniques you will create, process, and distribute the next generation of media.
- Hands-on development to create and support new products and services that provide teams the ability to progress a customer through an online transaction
- As the online marketplace becomes the new dealership this position will be responsible for helping redesign how customer experience our products across all our properties
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
- Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be
What technologies you'll be working with
This role requires hands-on work in technologies such as Azure Kubernetes Services, Python, Azure PaaS (Functions, App Services, App Insights, Redis, and others), .NET Core, TeamCity or Azure DevOps for CI/CD, Akamai edge, load testing, Splunk, and API management systems. But more importantly at CarMax we are always learning so our tool set will evolve as you do.
Qualifications and requirements
- At least five years of application development experience
- Deliver the next generation of immersive experience for customers
- Experience in some of the following preferred: Microsoft.NET (C#), .NET Core
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS preferred
- Understanding of DevOps capabilities such as automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery preferred
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top