Sr. Product Manager
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for discovering and delivering a suite of products that are valuable and usable for our customers as well as feasible to implement from a technology and business point of view.
As part of the Product Management organization, you will have the opportunity to discover and create the next generation of online automotive shopping and ownership experiences - positioning CarMax as a digital best-in-class company online.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vision, Strategic Leadership, and Product Discovery
- Serve as the ultimate voice of the customer within the Product organization
- Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the business and the stakeholder needs and constraints.
- Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the retail and automotive industries, specifically from the point of view of how technology is being applied to power the customer experience from purchase through ownership
- Be an advocate for your product line; articulate the customer and business value to all levels of the organization - senior leadership particularly. Develop compelling presentations and prototypes to communicate your product vision.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensure what is delivered meets the original goals and KPIs.
- Develop and manage the product roadmap for a respective product line; align product improvements to support vision, goals and opportunities
- Lead a product discovery team to successfully prioritize opportunities and identify solutions
- Drive a product team to obtain actionable insights through consumer research
- Maintain strong relationships with key business partners to ensure product plans are aligned with company objectives/plans
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in managing budgets and resource plans
- Play an active in external Product Management, UX, and/or Development communities
- Maintain strong relationships with implementation and business development teams to ensure solutions meet product goals
- Serve as an interface between stakeholders to obtain product input and ensure awareness and comfort with plans
- Lead a one or more cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and business owners to drive the launch of a product. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live
- Define product requirements, stories and personas.
- Rationalize and manage an opportunity and product backlog; assign and manage priorities
- Provide decisions and approvals to delivery team
- Ensure impacted associates have the appropriate level of awareness, knowledge, buy-in and training of product changes and related processes
- Monitor performance and metrics post-launch; identify and drive improvement opportunities
Team and Process Development
- Drive collaborative innovation amongst the organization, to identify unique solutions to complex problems
- Creates and enhances guidelines, policies, practices and procedures to drive improvements to internal product management and development processes; partner with other product managers to identify opportunity areas and determine best practices
- Proactively seek out and champion new product opportunities, outside of direct area of responsibility, to improve the broader customer experience and drive business results
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships; evaluate 3rd party vendor needs within the context of the product
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passionate about leveraging technology to power the customer experience
- Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers and stakeholders
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Desire to always be learning and discovering; loves pouring through quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Continuous improvement mentality; never satisfied
- Technical product guru; understands the technologies behind products
- Ability to simplify complex messages and adapt communication style to audience
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executive
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email email@example.com.
Back to top