Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Strategic Sourcing Category Lead for Corporate Programs will lead a team of 5-6 Associates and be responsible competitively bidding programs, developing program roll-out plans and communications, supplier management, and developing sourcing strategies. The successful candidate will also lead a group of cross-functional partners to develop and manage programs ranging from full ownership of Office Supplies, Travel and Cafeteria services to supporting HR Benefits and Administration. The Category Lead will guide internal stakeholders through supplier evaluation, selection, KPI development, contracting, and ongoing relationship management for corporate-wide goods and services which have broad impact to CarMax, and total approximately $38M in addressable spend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage suppliers for Corporate / Home Office Programs, HR, Loss Prevention/Asset Protection, and Finance.
- Manage spend portfolio for both goods and services, and aggressively seek opportunities for cost improvement through advanced analytics, sourcing strategy development, and negotiation.
- Drive best practices and seek process improvement opportunities including developing justification and recommending demand adjustments and specification changes.
- Develop baseline sourcing strategies for each segment of spend to drive for lowest TCO and best value; adjust sourcing strategies as business evolves.
- Monitor leading indicator data and external market factors that could impact cost and introduce supply risk.
- Develop strategies for services to identify and deliver non-price value opportunities and improvements while maintaining or improving service quality and service levels.
- Function as quarterback on sourcing activities to coordinate with CarMax Legal, Internal Audit, IT Security, Financial experts and business owners to drive projects to closure.
- Lead end-to-end supplier evaluation and negotiation processes; include business needs review, market intelligence and research, and negotiation strategy development.
- Drive RFP and bid processes, and contract negotiations across various spend categories and projects.
- Provide analysis and articulate to senior management and business stakeholders regarding category and strategic sourcing strategies and potential outcomes.
- Conduct timely reviews of vendor performance and establish goals for on-time delivery, qualitative elements, and cost reduction.
- Schedule, calendar, and coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews for Critical and Strategic suppliers, to include relevant Key Performance Indicators and distributing and calculating scorecards to measure KPIs and provide supplier performance improvement feedback.
- Independently resolve supplier performance issues and collaborate with business teams to identify improvements and evolving needs.
- Work to ensure assigned suppliers agree to onboard with the Coupa P2P platform and determine if punch-out, catalog, forms, contracts, etc., are appropriate methods for transacting.
- Strategic sourcing and supplier performance management expertise with both goods and services
- Strong analytical and financial analysis capabilities with proven experience in driving results and leading cross-functional teams
- Strategic, cross-functional thinker able to gather buy-in from leadership and lead through influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review contracts and negotiate business terms and conditions
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, rapidly changing retail environment
- Proven project management and change management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, and supplier performance management
- Four-year undergraduate degree required
- Proven strong analytical and communication skills required
- MBA and/or PMP certification preferred
- Experience with lean/process improvement and process mapping helpful
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top