Sr. Manager, Content
- Richmond, VA
8115 - Corp Office Canal Crossing - 101 S 15st, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
The managing editor (Sr Manager, Content) will lead and grow a content team that sets the standard for automotive content. Help customers research and navigate their car shopping journey while establishing CarMax the premier publisher in the used car space.
Responsible for production of articles, reviews, data stories, and multi-channel content, this role will help evolve our content program to meet strategic business objectives. Work in a fast-paced environment publishing content daily, develop and maintain an editorial calendar, manage a small team of editors and vendor partners, and work with strategic partners to define priorities and achieve new heights.
Work with a talented team that is passionate about driving results. An ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related experience leading a content production team (web, magazine, or other). Automotive experience preferred.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
Lead creative development in support of CarMax Content Program
- Successfully manage editorial operations and execute to budget
- Plan content calendar to meet annual, quarterly and monthly goals
- Coordinate high-performing multi-channel content campaigns
- Develop style guide for efficient production of engaging content
- Assist in evaluating content for compliance with legal guidance, style & tone
- Implement best practices for production and vendor management
- Partner to define program-level vision and objectives
- Facilitate teamwork and collaboration to build the trust and support that will help deliver high-performing content campaigns
- Partner in the measurement of content campaigns to guide optimizations
- Drive team and partners to attain increasingly higher standards for unique and engaging content
- Bring and/or grow a network of industry peers & knowledge to inform and expedite program growth
- Hire, manage, lead and develop a team of associates through timely performance feedback delivered during day-to-day observations, periodic file reviews and an annual performance evaluation.
- Create individual development plans and set business objectives designed to enhance and assist associate growth.
- Successfully on personal individual development to become a leader in automotive & retail content
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four-year college degree required
- 5+ years of related Content Editor experience,
- Automotive content experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
- Copyedit long-form content
- Craft headlines that engage readers and highlight covered topics
- Translate consumer insights data into actionable content for consumers
- Advanced Working knowledge of SEO, UX, and Google Analytics
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence and/or define program goals appropriately
- Ability to balance time, tasks, and strategic pivots in an iterative environment
- Ability to resolve challenges in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to develop style to accommodate the growing needs of a company
- Passion for cars/automotive industry and content with the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to business partners (internal) and stakeholders/business partners at all levels
- Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Collaborative and team-oriented work approach
- Solid understanding of content development processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions
- Experience leveraging data and user research
- Experience with outside agency/vendor management (feedback, execution)
- Strong copyedit skills with experience defining content style critiques
- Ability to communicate solutions in a manner that simplifies complexities and generates excitement
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Experience leading design solutions for storytelling
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Basic understanding of design/UX principles
- Advanced understanding of SEO and web performance metrics
- Strong people leadership skills
- Experienced presenter with a passion for leadership
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top