Sr. Coordinator - Service Payables
The Service Payables Sr. Coordinator acts as a lead to drive daily execution through the team, provide and assess continuous improvement ideas, and support AP initiatives. The Accounting team operates in a collaborative environment with uncompromising integrity and accountability, all while supporting company growth through collective expertise, cross-functional partnerships and a mindset focused around continuous improvement. You will share our passion for helping customers by being empowered to make a difference.
As an Sr. Coordinator in AP, you will be responsible for
• Driving execution within the team by coaching and assisting with problem solving, working through vendor issues, and handling escalated items.
• Analyzing reporting and other data points to ensure:
o key metrics are met
o trends are identified and managed timely thru business partners; recommendations are presented to manager as appropriate
o work load is balanced across the team and aligns with departmental strategies; present resource needs.
• Supporting Accounting and CarMax strategic and continues improvement initiatives by:
o Demonstrating openness to change and assisting the team with change management
o Participating in cross functional projects as a subject matter expert
o Developing/Maintaining up-to-date process maps, procedure manuals, and standard work
• Participating in monthly vendor meetings/calls to review accounts and address process gaps or changes maintaining strong relationships that result in win-win decisions.
• Leading new associates and external contractors through the onboarding process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability and willingness to adapt to change as demonstrated through challenging the status quo and others appropriately
• Ability to speak up in group meetings and express opinions appropriately
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
• Ability to assign daily work and follow up to drive productivity
• Ability to think logically and have a thought process that is practical and grounded.
• Ability to consider the short/long term impact when making decisions and/or evaluating solutions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3-4 years of experience of related accounting experience including an understanding of accounting terminology and account reconciliation
• Knowledge of Peoplesoft or equivalent ERP system
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access)
• High school degree or equivalent
Back to top