Sr. Clerk - Merchandise Payables
Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and share in ours. Join the CarMax Accounting Department as a Sr. Clerk in our Shared Services Department at our Home Office in Richmond, VA.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Sr. Clerk distributes incoming paperwork, administers the payment process and maintains records for the AP department. As a Sr. Clerk, you will support our team's mission to provide value-added services for the company to help "drive what's possible." The Accounting team operates in a collaborative environment with uncompromising integrity and accountability, all while supporting company growth through collective expertise, cross-functional partnerships and a mindset focused around continuous improvement. You will share our passion for helping customers by being empowered to make a difference.
As a Sr. Clerk in AP, you are responsible for:
• Providing administrative support including but not limited to overnight envelope preparation, printing required paperwork, and reviewing support documentation.
• Administering the payment process including check printing and distributions, reviewing payment reports for accuracy, and verifying all electronic files were received and confirmed by the bank; working with accounting and IT resources to resolve discrepancies.
• Distributing incoming mail to Payables area and partnering with other teams to identify proper recipient.
• Maintaining department records including filing and preparing documentation for offsite imaging/storage to ensure completeness and proper record retention.
• Creating one time vendor in the vendor master and reviewing vendor maintenance paperwork to ensure completeness.
• Training, maintaining process documentation and supporting testing for system upgrades.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to embrace change
• Ability to speak up and express opinions appropriately
• Ability to challenge others and the status quo
• Ability to seek win-win solutions to customer issues
• Ability to deliver on customer commitments
• Ability to maintain high energy and stay productive
• Ability to paying attention to details
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to understand and follow proper processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 1+ years of business experience required or related degree
• General understanding of basic accounting concepts and account reconciliation experience preferred, demonstrated math aptitude required
• Basic level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Sorting, simple spreadsheet creation, basic formulas, cut and paste); basic level of MS Access a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent
Back to top