Sr. Analyst - Project Management
Join the CarMax Auto Finance Project Management Team at our Contact Center headquartered in Kennesaw, GA.
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a 2016 & 2017 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 7th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
This project management role is responsible for delivering results that meet project objectives within expected timelines. This role plays an active part in defining project objectives, recommending a course of action, documenting project plans, completing project tasks and creating and communicating project updates to stakeholders and the management team. This is a unique opportunity to work on initiatives that could directly impact any aspects of the auto finance operation including servicing, legal, accounting, compliance, information technology, business analytics and credit risk operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with business stakeholders to research, evaluate and problem solve action plans to achieve assigned objectives, resolving issues identified along the way.
- Complete moderate to extensive data and information analysis to determine the business benefit of requested work.
- Individually contribute to project documentation and assignment completion.
- Work independently with cross functional teams and outside entities to develop and deliver on project assignments.
- Facilitate working sessions to keep assigned deliverables on track, providing support as needed to assist with the decision making process amongst stakeholders.
- Support Project Managers with projects through all phases of project life cycle.
- Communicate status of project plans and schedules to stakeholders and Project Manager
- Create and deliver presentations to management team.
- Develop the knowledge necessary to represent CAF as a subject matter expert during various IT initiatives.
- Ability to convert high-level business objectives into actionable tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including executive managers, IT developers, business analysts and business operations teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective at handling multiple concurrent projects
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Business, IT or Engineering related undergraduate degree (BBA or BS in related field)
- 2+ years of project management or related work experience
- Experience with technology development or a working knowledge of application development life cycle and general programming principles
- Consumer credit or auto finance related experience a plus
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top