Sr. Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis
Since 1993, CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) has helped more than 1 million customers with their vehicle financing needs. We offer fast, on-site financing at competitive rates and terms to make your car shopping experience as easy as possible.
CarMax Auto Finance is located in Kennesaw, Georgia, and serves more than 650,000 customers, with a portfolio size of more than $9 billion. Every year, we help more than 200,000 customers purchase vehicles at over 170 (and rapidly growing!) CarMax stores nationwide.
We're proud to be part of a FORTUNE®: 500 company, as well as named to the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" since 2005. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our customers and our Associates.
We are looking for smart, talented, innovative and highly motivated individuals to become part of our team here at CAF, and we currently have openings for a Sr. Financial Analyst in our Financial Planning and Analysis group.
The Sr. Financial Analyst role is responsible for developing and performing financial analysis of the CarMax Auto Finance business. This position will lead various financial planning and analysis processes and tasks, including but not limited to rolling forecasts, annual budgets and long range plans, as well as month end executive and management analysis, reporting and presentations.
In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing ad hoc business analyses in partnership with the CAF executive management team, operational management, and Accounting teams in addition to select corporate teams to provide insights and recommendations to drive the financial performance and growth of CarMax Auto Finance as the preferred lender for CarMax customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Planning - Budgeting, Forecasting and Monthend Analysis
- Oversee the planning and execution of the annual budgeting process.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of short and long term financial forecasts.
- Develop, update, and maintain complex models to budget, forecast, analyze, and report related revenues, expenses, and statistics.
- Initiate and prepare schedules for monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for executive management highlighting relevant analysis and key trends.
- Define drivers of budget variances and ensure understanding of key drivers with responsible parties.
- Develop and perform detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modeling, profitability analysis, ROI/discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business results and impact to bottom line.
- Present financial analysis to influence management decisions.
- Recommend process improvements and lead or serve on teams to design, redesign, and implement solutions and process changes.
- Ad-Hoc financial analysis and other projects as needed to support the business.
- Perform initial review of deliverables prepared by and serve as a resource for other associates within the accounting and finance department.
- Provide customer service and support for financial end-users to effectively and accurately operate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to motivate and lead others, including gaining buy-in to do the right thing for the right reason
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines with project parameters
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to use own experience to train, develop and mentor other associates
- Ability to apply business and technical knowledge to produce results and make recommendations
- Ability to successfully manage through projects and bring to a close
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-4+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or an analytical field
- MBA/CPA or Masters degree a plus
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Excellent communication, partnering, presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Enterprise Financial Planning Tools (Hyperion, SAP, etc)
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles (including P&L statements)
- Use of strong written and verbal communication skills, with various levels in the organization
- Ability to present information to associates and management in a professional manner
- Comprehend and execute intermediate math skills.
Position many require sitting for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top