Specialist II - Titles
Under limited supervision, responsible for reconciling and/or approving work requests and working accounts for vehicles financed through CarMax Auto Finance. Responsible for evaluating and determining next steps on account and coordinating efforts with vendors, CarMax stores, customers and third parties. Receiving calls and/or making calls to provide account resolution and assistance to customers, CarMax stores, vendors or third parties as requested and/or required. Compliance with all applicable state regulations and internal procedural requirements while completing assigned responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer inbound and/or make outbound calls to assist customers, CarMax stores, vendors and third parties and resolve account issues. (auction title related calls with DMV's tag agencies, outside and CarMax auctions)
- Complete account research and follow up through vendor websites and company systems (CAMS, Deals database, CBS, eTRACS) and determine next action step and verification of services completed. (vendor websites include: DMV's, SCRA military site, PAR North America and FDI)
- Auditing and reconciling of documentation to ensure company compliance with state regulations and internal procedural requirements. (Titles, Run lists, Ownership Statements, other title-related documentation to ensure CarMax auctions have the appropriate documentation)
- Resolving elevated issues pertaining to customer concerns or validity of documentation, including research with outside vendors and third parties.
- Processing account adjustments in accordance with company policies. (populate CAMS fields/CBS for title status)
- Maintain and produce various departmental reports. (title run lists and outstanding title spreadsheet)
- Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer and account issues. (Remarketing Dept/Admin Support)
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors, CarMax store personnel and third parties.
- Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
- Special projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to identify root causes and bring issues to closure.
- Demonstrated decision making ability.
- Ability to evaluate processes and initiate change.
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Effectively handle stressful interactions.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility by embracing change.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Execute basic computer and typing skills.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers, vendors, third parties, and CarMax stores.
- Customer service oriented.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Six months related experience/training.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with customers, vendors, third parties, associates and managers.
- Intermediate math skills.
- The position requires analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to investigate and determine root cause of customer account discrepancies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant but fast paced office environment.
- Direction provided by more than one supervisor.
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
- Casual company dress code.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top