Specialist II - Service Payables
Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and share in ours. Join the CarMax Accounting Department as Service Payables Specialist in our Shared Services Department at our Home office in Richmond, VA.
The Service Payables Specialist II is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payments of parts purchases or sublet work for vehicles at our stores. The accounting team operates in a collaborative environment with uncompromising integrity and accountability, all while supporting company growth through collective expertise, cross-functional partnerships and a mindset focused around continuous improvement. You will share our passion for helping customers by being empowered to make a difference.
As a Specialist II in AP, you will be responsible for:
• Research and complete general ledger open item reconciliation, vendor statement reconciliation to include the review of sub-systems, accounting, banking systems and reporting in order to find resolutions.
• Provide customer service support to internal and external customers; assist with payment updates and issue resolution.
• On-boarding and stabilizing new processes, process documentation, associate development, standard work, training manuals and completing special projects as needed.
• Process invoices for payment; both related to parts and sublet; review supporting documents and approvals against the payment request and/or receiving; review control group registers (data entered/interfaced into PeopleSoft Payables).
• Perform basic accounting functions including keying, matching, and correcting vouchers in PeopleSoft, issuing payment cancellations, researching and resolving debit balance collections, and preparing general ledger journal vouchers monthly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to embrace change
• Ability to pay attention to details and make few errors
• Ability to maintain high energy and stay productive
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to seeks win-win solutions to customer issues
• Ability to partner with others to best serve the customer
• Ability to prioritize customer service over non-customer tasks
• Ability to contribute to team goals
• Ability to cooperate and work well with others
• Ability to resolve conflict in a positive manner
• Ability to recommend changes to processes for improvement
• Ability to step in to help as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3+ years of business experience, including 1+ years of accounting, finance or related experience (i.e. bookkeeping, cash management, office management) required or a related business degree
• Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Filtering, VLookups, Subtotals, Shortcuts); basic level of MS Access preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top