Specialist II - Expense Payable Inquiries
The Expense Payables Inquiries Specialist II is responsible for response and resolution to inquiries received in the expense payables area and partnering with our department functional experts as appropriate. This role also assists with the processing of timely and accurate payments including expenses incurred by the stores and home office departments.
- Research and resolve internal and external customer issues received via phone calls and/or emails
- Provide cross-functional desk support, including but not limited to the following activities: process invoices including keying, matching, and correcting vouchers in PeopleSoft and other internal systems, processing voids, and researching outstanding items
- Maintain process documentation, complete reporting and special projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to seeks win-win solutions to customer issues
- Ability to partner with others to best serve the customer
- Ability to prioritize customer service over non-customer tasks
- Ability to maintain high energy and stay productive
- Ability to speak clearly
- Ability to "read" the situation and adapt communication style appropriately
- Ability to use various methods of communication appropriately (phone, email, face-to-face, etc.)
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to pay attention to details and make few errors
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Minimum of 3+ years of business experience, including 1+ years of accounting, finance or related experience (i.e. bookkeeping, cash management, office management) required or a related business degree
- Minimum 2 + years of customer service experience
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Filtering, VLookups, Subtotals, Shortcuts); basic level of MS Access preferred
- High school degree or equivalent
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top