Specialist II - Contract Receivables
This position is responsible for posting payments to open account receivable balances as well as researching and compiling daily data for refunds. This position also performs month end duties such as: journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting. This position interacts with stores, various financial institutions, and other internal departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and compile daily data to issue refunds to our financial partners. Follow up emails and calls are made, if applicable. Make corresponding accounting entries in PeopleSoft to reflect these refunds.
- Apply payments daily to open receivable balances by retrieving Excel files, reviewing and reformatting Excel spreadsheets, and uploading payments in PeopleSoft. Research and resolve incomplete deposits, as necessary.
- Perform basic accounting functions: run basic queries, complete journal vouchers, key PeopleSoft entries, maintenance open receivables, and reconcile general ledger and balance sheet accounts.
- Provide customer service by giving timely responses to email inquiries.
- Research and resolve unfunded errors by identifying and posting the unfunded contract notifications to the corresponding receivables.
- Other tasks as assigned may include, but are not limited to, small scope business research or participation in process improvement initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to demonstrate strong team behaviors in line with CarMax values, including integrity, respect, inclusion, fairness, and fun
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to understand and follow proper processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience of related accounting experience including an understanding of accounting terminology and account reconciliation
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- High school degree or equivalent
Back to top