Specialist I - Central Title
The Central Title Specialist I is responsible for auditing titles and documents, by utilizing resources and knowledge learned. This position includes entering all title data into computer programs with an emphasis on accuracy and speed. The Specialist I will sort incoming department mail, file and re-package for same day shipping to all CarMax locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, open and sort incoming department mail and distribute shared workload to team.
- Validate, complete and reassign titles and documents based on set processes ensuring accuracy and in compliance with state and rules and regulations.
- Prepare titles and documents for shipment to individual stores to include collecting, filing and packaging.
- Partner with team members, other departments, and store locations when necessary to resolve lien holder and auction house title related errors.
- Perform research and partner with team members when titles or documents cannot be located.
- Research and attach any needed documents to checks prior to sending to lien holders or finance companies.
- Other administrative functions as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized approach to tasks
- Basic computer knowledge
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with all CarMax customers and stores
- Ability to handle title issues and problems as needed
- Basic typing skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel functions
- Customer service skills
- Store knowledge preferred, but not required
- High School diploma/GED and/or related experience/training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one supervisor
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top