What we do:
At CarMax we develop disruptive applications to drive the industry forward. Our team's product will be used to appraise over 2.5 million cars a year and is built using AngularJS, .NET, and Azure. We focus on ensuring customers get an accurate appraisal as quickly as possible wherever they may be, want to help?
What we are looking for:
Someone who can design and help write a great application. What does this mean? We need someone who understands when to implement business logic using Angular2, .Net, or SQL. Someone who can include the correct components in their design to meet today's needs without over-engineering for tomorrow's expectations. Someone who can look at an application and envision it as a set of reusable services, provide a design, then jump in and write code to help make it happen. Finally, we'd need you to be able to summarize the design to non-technical people in a way they can understand.
Let's get under the hood! Here is the techie stuff:
What we'd like you to know or become a master of:
- Application Design
- Microsoft .Net (C# MVC)
- Angular2 design patterns
- RESTful services
- Entity Framework
Do you have?
- A desire to partner with smart people to design and implement great ideas
- The empathy to consider how building an intuitive and stable application can improve the job satisfaction of your peers
- The initiative to jump in and help others, including taking a turn being on-call for a couple weeks a year
- A passion to continuously improve your skills and mentor others
- The ability to give an interesting and engaging presentation of your ideas to your peers
By the numbers:
- 10 + years of application development experience required
- 4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred
- Azure and .Net Certifications Preferred (or desire to earn them)
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top