Software Developer II - Connect Appraisal
The IT Connect Appraisal Train is a team of 3 Agile teams. The train is responsible for delivering unrivaled in-store experiences for the 150+ CarMax Store locations. If you are looking for a fast-paced, high energy opportunity to lead a creative development team then this position is perfect for you. This train operates within the Scaled Agile Framework and delivers continuous value to the Merchandising Value Stream. The train is currently developing a mobile web-based application that allows store associates to appraise vehicles on a mobile device.
The applications you develop will drive the bottom line sales of a growing Fortune 500 company.
Exciting Technical work or meaningful business purpose
This Developer will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of software solutions. This developer will report to an IT Manager or IT Team Manager. Associates in this position must be experienced in programming skills, RDBMS knowledge, and design patterns. Associate should be an excellent team player, highly qualified to lead medium to large development projects and organize priorities and tasks.
This Developer will be a key hands-on contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis and design and application development as well as driving development teams to achieve project goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Software Development Methodology and Support:
- Champion of the methodology by demonstrating ownership of all aspects of the development lifecycle
- Consistently shown the ability to mentor others in the production of all artifacts required of a SDLC
- Ability to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation as scheduled, and the ability to perform after hours support as needed
- Can effectively categorize support problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency
Customer Interaction/Business Knowledge:
- Ability to understand & document business requirements as well as provide a proposal of the appropriate solution
- Advanced understanding of the business processes supported by the respective application environment
- Ability to lead customer/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definitions, needs assessments and design reviews
- Able to influence the work of others to drive medium & large projects to successful completion through effective project management, customer interaction, and IT coordination
- Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives
Connect Appraisal Team:
- Database experience
- 3+ years of .NET experience preferred (Java acceptable)
- SAFe / Architectural Runway
- Understanding of web infrastructure and development technologies
- AngularJS experience
- Scaled Agile Framework / Architectural Runway
Education and/or Experience:
Years of experience
3-6 years of application development experience
4 year degree preferred; IT related course of study preferred
Preferred experience in appropriate development
language (see Technical section)
Appropriate Certification Preferred (see Technical section)
Typically 5+ years of database development experience (see Technical section)
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top