7206 - Gaithersburg - 16411 Shady Grove Road, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20877
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by supporting the Service Department by assisting customers on the phone and in person before, during and after service/repair processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming service calls in a prompt and friendly manner, displaying appropriate tone of voice and empathy throughout the entire customer interaction.
- Assist Customer Advisors/Service Consultants with customers when needed.
- Answer basic service department questions, schedule service appointments, route customers' calls.
- Provide written messages to the responsible party in a timely manner.
- Complete reminder calls for customers scheduled for an appointment
- Assist the service department in contacting customers once special ordered parts have arrived to schedule appointments
- Contact customers with Repair Requests to schedule appointments
- File repair orders and all supporting documentation daily.
- Audit all sublet invoices to ensure they are processed and resolved per CarMax Guidelines.
- Ensure the loaner log and dealer tags are always in compliance with audit requirements.
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
- Execute Retail Service Standardized Work
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
- Maintain or exceed the CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain proper records.
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet knowledge.
- Successfully work with associates in other departments within the store.
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability to speak and listen effectively when dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
- Possess intermediate computer skills
- Primarily indoor environment; may include working at times in noisy conditions.
- May require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Code of Business Conduct, Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity, Proper Recording of Time, Environmental Health and Safety, and Standards of Professional Appearance policies.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.