Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by supporting the ServiceDepartment by assisting customers onthe phone and in person before, duringand afterservice/repair processes.
Principle Duties andResponsibilities:
- Answer all incoming service calls in a prompt and friendly manner, displaying appropriate tone of voice and empathy throughout the entire customerinteraction.
- Assist Customer Advisors/Service Consultants with customers when needed.
- Answer basic service department questions, schedule service appointments, route customers’ calls.
- Provide written messages to the responsible party in a timely manner.
- Complete reminder calls for customers scheduled for an appointment
- Assist the service department in contacting customers once special ordered parts have arrived to schedule appointments
- Contact customers with Repair Requests to schedule appointments
- File repair orders and all supporting documentation daily.
- Audit all sublet invoices to ensure they are processed and resolved per CarMax Guidelines.
- Ensure the loaner log and dealer tags are always in compliance with audit requirements.
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
- Execute Retail Service Standardized Work
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
- Maintain or exceed the CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain proper records.
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet knowledge.
- Successfully work with associates in other departments within the store.
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability to speak and listen effectively when dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
- Possess intermediate computer skills
- Primarily indoor environment; may include working at times in noisy conditions.
- May require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top